Fest 2012: 4th Weekend

This was a really, really rough weekend. Still fun, but holy crap I was tired!! The main reason is that, although I had Friday off from my “real” job, we had a party for my parents’ 40th wedding anniversary on that evening, so I spent the day cleaning and getting ready for that and didn’t really get any rest. And then of course stayed up late for the party.

The party was really fun, lots of my parents’ friends came, but it was a lot of people I didn’t know, and all my parents’ age. It was actually pretty exhausting, so luckily everyone went home by 10:30.  It was only about 3 hours in the end, but I was BEAT afterwards!

Also, my brother got into town on Thursday night (at 11pm!) for the weekend, so I was up late Thursday night with him. It was totally worth it to see him and have him there! He stayed in our guest bedroom Thursday and Friday nights, and then I dropped him at my parents’ on Saturday morning on my way to Fest, and he came out later. I thought he would get there a little earlier, but he didn’t get there until about noon. And then he came barefoot (what??) and of course they wouldn’t let him in the gate that way, so I had to wait while he walked all the way back to his car to get his shoes. At least he didn’t complain about it. 😛

It was fun having him around, but again, I’ve decided I don’t love having people tag along with me as part of the troupe. He did that for awhile and I could tell he was bored. I gave him my camera to take some pics, but I guess I should have explained how to use it, because even though I saw him looking like he was taking pics, there weren’t any on there when I looked later. Not to mention it was hella dusty, so that was probably unpleasant…

But we stopped by and saw a few people that he knew, including his best friend/ex-girlfriend. She turned out to be a lesbian and was his “best person” at his wedding. She’s actually the one who got him his first job at Fest, even before I started working out there, and then got me my first job, too. So I left those two to hang out for awhile, without me, and that was good, I think. He got home later than I did; she must have gotten him an after-hours pass so they could stay and talk; I was so tired I went right back to my parents’ and was asleep before he got home. That was kind of sad because then I was at Fest before he got up the next morning, and then he went home. But I’m used to not seeing him, I guess. It was nice to spend some time with him.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s